November 20, 2017, 02:51:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: DUE TO SPAM, THESE FORUMS ARE NOW READ ONLY UNTIL WE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONTROL IT.  If you're a member wanting a forum username please contact the admin via email to ask for one and you'll be approved in that fashion, thanks.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Chat! Writers' Block  (Read 134 times)
admin
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:17:24 PM »

One of the biggest excuses/laments I use/have about writing, is trying to find the time.  The second biggest excuse/lament I use/have about writing is inspiration/block.  I think I might just have found a way to take those two reasons and eliminate them.

While it’s always in the game plan to set aside a little time each day, or even one block of time each week, life has a way of throwing in a curve ball from time to time.  Then there’s always the ‘what the hell do I write now’ fast ball as well.  Having those two obstacles in your path can make the best intentioned project fall by the wayside.

So, I’m proposing one hour a week to come into chat @ www.themasque.net. Sundays 4 Pacific, 7 pm Eastern, and write.  Chat will be silent for the most part, with the exception of support, encouragement, assistance.  It’s not limited to an hour, but commit to an hour.

Imagine a room full of writers, scribbling, typing, on the couches, at the bar, on huge pillows on the floor, whatever your imagination can think up, it’s there in that room, just waiting to be discovered.  Envision a sentence that’s not working, and a room full of opportunity for help.  Encouragement and support for a paragraph completed.

No pressure to post, only to envelope your creativity with those that share the passion and drive to create the written word.

Join us for the first official ‘Writers’ Block’ Sunday @ 4 pm Pacific in the Ballroom.

~ mamma
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

The Masque forum theme © Christopher McCulloch