November 19, 2017, 05:37:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: DUE TO SPAM, THESE FORUMS ARE NOW READ ONLY UNTIL WE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONTROL IT.  If you're a member wanting a forum username please contact the admin via email to ask for one and you'll be approved in that fashion, thanks.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why does Fall have 2 names?  (Read 142 times)
Haruhifan
Hentai-Fuelled Moderating

Hi, the comical, bisexual Asian Canuck here!

« on: October 03, 2008, 02:43:34 PM »

Yes why does only Fall have another name called Autumn?  We have no second names for Winter, Spring and Summer.  Did some celebrity name Fall, or maybe the second name is a royalty title?  WE all hope when you're free you get back with Ask Janey.  Take care!

-Happy Haru  Smiley

Just popping by in between hentai uploads...I mean, checking stuff online, right...

Take care!  Have fun!  Rock on!  Tongue
admin
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 03:07:38 PM »

Uh, she's not free?

We have to PAY her?

Why doesn't someone tell me this stuff???
Haruhifan

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »

lol Meant free as in FREETIME.  Silly admin.   Cheesy  Happy weekend!

Just popping by in between hentai uploads...I mean, checking stuff online, right...

janey

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 06:48:07 AM »

You thought I was free? I normally charge £25 an hour and £45 if i do it in my knickers.
DTM (Wet and grey)

Deep in my heart lie dark desires.....

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »

*looks for 45 of those funny sguiggly line things whatever the hell they are*

Your happy-go-lucky Forum Administrator here to flirt with the ladies and keep the place running semi-smoothly.  When I actually bother to appear.
janey

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 08:30:03 AM »

The coming of the fall

The story of the fall goes back to the very beginnings of creation. Shortly after God had built the Earth and just before he had started on the creatures that were to dwell thereon it was decided that there would be a pause in the main events to catch up on some of the detail necessary to make the new planet a dynamic habitat.

One of the main topics considered was the seasons. And this was the reason that God, as chairman, and Allan his right hand angel had called a meeting of some of the brightest brains in the heavenly host to sort out the question once and for all.

Since the subject had been broached God had favoured five seasons as it seemed to be a particularly comfortable number with which to split up the Earthly year who’s length had already been agreed. Allan on the other hand, for purely practical reasons to do with orbits and solstices, favoured four.
At this stage the seasons had not yet been given a name but were numbered 0 to 4 inclusive, starting at 0. This numbering system was thought up by Allan in order to keep the number 5 out of peoples minds whilst he made his pitch with the boss for only 4 seasons, this in case it ended up being down to a vote. Allan could be surprisingly sneaky for an Archangel.
The seasons broke down like this.

1.   The coldest season with everything gathering itself for the new growing season to come.
2.   Things start to grow and animals begin to feel frisky
3.   The season of warmth and plenty.
4.   The whole things start to wind down and some creatures seek warmer climes.
0.   Nothing much happens at all and everything twiddles its thumbs waiting for 1 to start.

This last season, because of its label and the lack of activity, was known amongst the lesser heavenly host by a rather less than flattering name. The seasons work crew of lesser angels, seraphim and cherubim would refer to the seasons as 1,2,3,4 and f*** all.  The higher angels thought that a name with all those asterisks in it was in very bad taste and ordered that its use should cease. For this reason it was thereafter referred to by the blue-collar host as F all.

The season’s committee sat for only a short time before Allan got his way and it was decided there would be only four. The reason for the quick decision was that God was gasping for a cup of tea and the supply angel had forgotten to supply tea bags to the committee room. Before he left though he wanted to know of Allan’s suggestions for the names of the seasons.
“Yeth of courth Lord” said Allan “ Winter, Thpring, Thumer and Autumn.
“Can I see that in writing Allan”?
“Thertainly Lord”
God looked at the list and sighed, “Ok then “ he said “ winter, spring, summer and autumn it is”. And so saying he dematerialised and went in search of tea.

Allan then gave instructions for the word to be sent to the workgroups around the world to set in motion the seasons before the first creatures arrived.

Clifford was the signal seraphim for the day and he duly sent out the message on the subliminal interweb, which read: -
“ Four Seasons agreed as follows 0=F all abandoned 1=Winter, 2=spring, 3=summer, 4=autumn.”

Unfortunately in what was to become North America, Signal Cherubim 3rd class Douglas was playing something by Celine Dion at a high volume when the signal was received, an activity that was seriously against the rules. The awfulness of it reached deep into the subliminal level disrupting the signal as it arrived and displaying it on the sublimvid as: -

“ Four Seas+ns agreed #s follows 0=F/ll @?/;-& 1=Winter, 2=spri.g, 3=summe:, $*/<::@.”
Douglas realised he could be in deep trouble if Shaun, the senior Arch Angel, saw the message in its received form and so he tidied it up as : -
“ Four Seasons agreed as follows 0=Fall 1=Winter, 2=spring, 3=summer.”
Of course North America couldn’t have a season of different characteristics as this was to do with the Orbits and tilt of the earth, but by the time the mistake had been found out then the name had already been established in that continent and it was too late to change.

And that is the reason that Autumn and Fall are names for the same season.
Haruhifan

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »

Thanks for getting to the Ask Janey section again!  Take time doing them as I enjoy them thoroughly.  When I got a new question will ask next time, ta! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

The Masque forum theme © Christopher McCulloch