September 26, 2017, 09:51:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: DUE TO SPAM, THESE FORUMS ARE NOW READ ONLY UNTIL WE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONTROL IT.  If you're a member wanting a forum username please contact the admin via email to ask for one and you'll be approved in that fashion, thanks.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greener Grass  (Read 85 times)
admin
« on: March 22, 2008, 01:43:15 PM »

Dear Three Chicks,

My online love is coming really close to being my offline lover but there’s someone else who’s really stirring my fancy. Don’t get me wrong, I really love my soon-to-be but this other guy has really captured my attention in the evenings - especially when my soon-to-be has gone to bed and I’m still up. I’d really like to see if anything is there with #2 but I don’t want to jeopardize what I already have with my wonderful soon-to-be.

Help!
Dear Is the Grass Greener -

Take if from someone who has both been there and done that - Don't do it.
You're making a number of mistakes:
1) staying up when #1 goes to bed.  Go to bed with the "wonderful soon-to-be" - if you're not tired...read a book, watch a movie, play a video game...anything but chatting with someone who "captures your attention".

B) if soon-to-be is so wonderful...why are you flirting with disaster online?

Red) If you see what you have with #2 you WILL jeopardize what you have with #1.  Not "might" - not "maybe" WILL...eventually...#1 WILL find out and it will irrevocably damage your relationship.  The trust will be destroyed.

Believe me.  I have been where you are.  The grass is rarely greener on the other side of the fence.

Chick #3

Dear Grass is Greener,

Stop! You are walking into a DANGER zone here. If you care about soon-to-be, stop tempting yourself. Give yourself a few minutes in a warm, dark room to think about your commitment to soon-to-be. If you're temptable, how serious is that commitment? Are your feelings fair to soon-to-be? Have you spoken to soon-to-be about the idea of you playing? Maybe it's okay - but chances are, you having a second relationship will really hurt your first.

Besides, what kind of jerkface flirts hard enough to tempt a taken girl?

Chick # 2

Dear Grass is Greener,
The first thing I would ask is, Are you really in love with Guy #1?  If you really loved this man, I don’t think that you would be enamored with the attentions of Guy 2.  If after you think about this and decide that you REALLY are in love with Guy #1, then when he signs off, sign off yourself.  Read a book, watch a movie, go to bed- whatever the case may be. 

If you don’t want to jeopardize anything- - then STOP what you are doing.  Plain and simple.  You are an adult and can make adult decisions.  If there comes a time when Guy #1 is out of the picture, then that’s another story.  Think of how you would feel if Guy #1 was having those same feelings about Gal #2.  Remember, there are real people on the other side of that screen you’re looking at.  Treat online just as you would in real life.  If you pledged your love to someone real time- would you be flirting and looking to date someone else?  Don’t let the ease of the net shake your conscious.

If you are really in doubt, then I doubt Guy #1 is right for you.

Chick 1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

The Masque forum theme Christopher McCulloch