November 19, 2017, 09:22:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: DUE TO SPAM, THESE FORUMS ARE NOW READ ONLY UNTIL WE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONTROL IT.  If you're a member wanting a forum username please contact the admin via email to ask for one and you'll be approved in that fashion, thanks.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we ever truly satisfied with what we write?  (Read 60 times)
runninonfaith
Snape

« on: May 18, 2009, 04:47:03 AM »

I cannot go back through my story without changing wording, adding dialogue, or SOMETHING!  It's hard to read through what I've written for the sake of entertainment because there is always something I want to change!  Does anyone else feel this way and how do you cope?
DTM (Wet and grey)

Deep in my heart lie dark desires.....

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 06:25:34 AM »

Hi ya runnin,

I feel this way all the time.  When I go back and read something I have posted I wince any time I see something I think should have been different or god forbid I see typos! *shudders*

However my take on it is to leave what I posted as is and learn from it for the next attempt.  I see a world of difference between my first story ever posted and the more recent ones.  I think it's all part of the learning experience.  So I just chuckle at the things i would change and keep it in mind for the next story.

And as long as most feedback is positive I figure I did something okay.  We're always our own harshest critics.

Hope that little bit of wisdom helps you out.  I'll send you a bill for the time!   Wink

DTM

Your happy-go-lucky Forum Administrator here to flirt with the ladies and keep the place running semi-smoothly.  When I actually bother to appear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

The Masque forum theme Christopher McCulloch