November 18, 2017, 09:14:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Login with username, password and session length
News: DUE TO SPAM, THESE FORUMS ARE NOW READ ONLY UNTIL WE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONTROL IT.

WELCOME to the Masque forums! There's lots to check out from our Salon forum word/picture/song games to our Blogs section for many fun posts to read. Give the General Discussion Board a look too for site updates and more! 

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Narrative Style.Which one do you prefer to use and Why by andone on The Portego  (Read 54 times)
admin
« on: July 25, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »

Narrative Style.Which one do you prefer to use and Why
Posted by andone on May 14, 2008 at 4:17am

Hey all.Well I've been thinking after writing a little piece for the 1st up writing challenge about narrtive perspective in term of stories people here write or are writing and want to know what works for them and why.For some it may be 1st peron others 2nd or even 3rd person.

So alll out there tell us what works for you and why in the way your narrtiaing a story or to be more precise one of the chraracters is narrating it.

Since i stared this discussion i'll start the ball rolling as it were.I tend to prefer 3rd person mostly though sometimes some of more stories suit better in 1st person.It all depends imo on the type of story i'm writing and how i feel it is best readable for my audience.

So there's Andy's answer now for all yours people.

Andy (andone)
Tags:

Share Twitter Facebook

▼ Reply to This

Upload Files

Attach File(s):

Follow– Email me when people reply

Replies to This Discussion
 Permalink Reply by Cutielady on May 15, 2008 at 8:44am
Send Message
Delete I'm currently using 3rd but I want to try with them all. I think stretching yourself as a writer is the best way to find exactly whats best for you. I'm only learning what is best for me.

► Reply to This

Upload Files

Attach File(s):

Permalink Reply by Just Prowling on May 18, 2008 at 8:27pm
Send Message
Delete I prefer playing around in the third. I like to approach a story as a movie for the mind. Have everyone watch from a safe distance. Though I have been toying with the thought of doing a first person "Film Noir" kind of story. Just to be obnoxious of course. But it's still an enticing thought
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

The Masque forum theme © Christopher McCulloch