Breaking Through Barriers by SSHG Exchange Mod
Summary: By SiriuslySnogged.  He had almost forgotten that there was ever such a girl, who both annoyed and enthralled him. Illustrated. *
Categories: The SSHG Exchange > Summer 2007 Characters: None
WIKtT Challenge: None
Content Notes: None
Contest Entry: None
Genres: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 264 Read: 2749 Published: 10/14/2008 Updated: 10/14/2008
Story Notes:
Author's Notes: Thank you to my lovely beta, [name withheld], for both her input and titling of the work.

Prompt: Severus holding Hermione unwittingly in her animagus form.

1. Chapter 1 by SSHG Exchange Mod

Chapter 1 by SSHG Exchange Mod

Severus stared at the offending creature that had taken up residence in his garden. He didn’t particularly care for animals, their only uses to him confined to food or potions ingredients. He definitely did not want them messing up his garden, although this one was only sitting there rather uselessly.


Scat.


He strode towards it while flicking his hands in a “shooing” manner. The brown rabbit hopped a few feet away before stopping. It turned to gaze at him warily.


Quite irritated at his lack of ability to scare away small, furry animals, Severus cursed and kicked a clod of dirt in the creature’s general direction. The rabbit seemed unimpressed, unmoving except for its tiny pink nose, which was twitching rapidly.


“This is ridiculous,” he muttered.


The rabbit had the nerve to bounce lazily towards him.


“Come any closer, and I shall eat you for supper.”


He crouched down and extended an arm, half expecting the thing to skitter away, as wild creatures tended to do. His breath caught in surprise as the tiny animal nudged its head against his hand, the unfamiliar feeling of soft fur sliding across his palm. An uncomfortable sensation fluttered in his stomach as large brown eyes met his. Something, this rabbit reminded him of something. What that something was, however, he couldn’t recall.


“I suppose you’d make a tolerable familiar,” he said softly, gently scooping the animal into his arms. As he carried the rabbit, which was snuggled comfortably against his chest, back to the house his delicate nose picked up an odd scent –feminine…floral, perhaps? Quite unrabbitlike.

No, this rabbit definitely reminded him of somebody.

This story archived at http://themasque.net/wiktt/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=1863